Monday, October 24, 2011

The Eagle has landed

Alright security fans, the journey has begun!  I write now from my room in Tel Aviv where I am currently eating hummus for breakfast.  As soon as classes start, I look forward to using this platform to share insights about security policy, the reading I do, and life in general.  Until then I will share a few opening observations.  It would be hard to tell that Israel is cause of much controversy here in Ramat Aviv (a northern suburb of Tel Aviv) but there are some clues.  For instance, dorm security is thorough.  There is one entry/exit point and a guard watches you swipe your card for entry.  To enter the main campus which is across the street, a guard checks your bag.  Other than that it seems life goes on as normal in these parts.  In general, Tel Aviv is known to be a bit more secular and a bit more liberal than other parts of the country.

I will leave you with that for now but look for more thoughts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment